Re: Metadata and File Injection (code summit session?)

On 4/10/12 5:04 PM, Justin Santa Barbara wrote:
Can you please share that use case? I'm especially interested in finding use cases that would not better be better served by e.g. SSH or Zookeeper or Corosync..

The immediate use case I have in mind is to support this: http://wiki.openstack.org/PackageConfigForNova . That design requires periodic checkins between an instance agent and a nova driver. It certainly /could/ be implemented using ssh, but I originally wrote the design imagining there was a ready-made, standard communication service, and I still think it would be convenient.