Re: Metadata and File Injection (code summit session?)

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012, Justin Santa Barbara wrote:

> Config drive can support all EC2 functionality, I believe.
>
> Images would need to be respun for OpenStack with config-drive, unless we
> populated the config drive in a way that worked with cloud-init.  (Scott?)

cloud-init supports config-drive now.
https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg07721.html

> Personally, I'd rather our effort went into producing great images for
> OpenStack, than into compatibility with last-generation clouds.  Any idea
> what the "important" EC2 images are?  Are there a handful of images that we
> could duplicate and then just forget about EC2?

Stock OS images are boring, but i've ranted at you about that on another
thread :)

My $0.02 on the config drive stuff, has been said at
 https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg07585.html
 and
 https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg07633.html

I will try to update the data for the session at
http://summit.openstack.org/sessions/view/100 and have a solid proposal on
a simplish config-drive suggestion.

bring tomatoes.