Re: [Openstack-operators] Health & Monitoring Blueprints

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 14:03 -0700, Matt Joyce wrote:
>> Problem of course is many operators aren't on the design summit
>> contributor list ( ala don't have codes to get into it ) and if it's
>> later it's 500 USD to attend.
>
> There will be over 400 people at the summit, not all of them are
> developers. I expect lots of operators/users have a representation
> there. Will there be enough to justify having this discussion there? I
> don't know but we can try.
>
> On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 17:16 -0400, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
>> That's a really good point. In the post-conference conversations that
>> deal with attendance policy, this should be kept in mind.
>
> We probably should set a date for a post-mortem discussion, after the
> conference. I'm quite sure I'll take a few days off after April 20,
> maybe have a couple of live feedback sessions in the first week of May
> would work?
>
>> In lieu of not being able to attend in person, keep in mind the
>> live-casting that will be done,
>

> We're not yet sure to be able to offer this. Wait for an official
> communication.
>
>> in combination with IRC channels.
>
> This we can do: use IRC but there will be only one projector in the
> rooms, not two like at UDS. Each track leader can decide how to use it
> (for IRC or something else).
>
> Since you are already familiar with UDS setup, would you mind setting up
> the IRC channels for each of the rooms at the summit? This is the layout
> of the rooms and their expected usage:
>
>        Ballroom: Intro Plenary, Breakout tables, Lightning Talks
>
>        Seacliff A+B: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>        Seacliff C: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>        Seacliff D: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>        Marina: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>        Bayview B: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>
>        Golden Gate: Unconference room (theater setup)*
>        Bayview A: Developer's lounge
>
> The association between rooms+track will be published soon, once the
> revisions on summit.openstack.org are completed.

The following channels have been created on Freenode and are registered.

#osds-ballroom
#osds-seacliff-a-b
#osds-seacliff-c
#osds-seacliff-d
#osds-marina
#osds-bayview-a
#osds-bayview-b
#osds-golden-gate

Each channel is also getting logged, viewable via HTTP here:
  http://irclogs.osds.cogitat.io/

Feel free to put another logger in there ;-)

At UDS, messages get sent to IRC channels at a countdown interval...
not sure if we have anything that sophisticated for OSDS. At the very
least, we can monitor the times ourselves and post messages to the
channels.