Re: Swift block-level deduplication

Thanks for the response Caitlin,

> The versioning/dedup ring we are working on at Nexenta will support
> both 1 and 3. I'll be presenting at the Summit on this.

Great, I'll look forward to your presentation.

> The ultimate goal of distributed dedup is scenario #1. Only the
> client software can determine the optimum chunk boundaries,

Agreed, this is where the maximum savings can be acheived, at the cost
of imposing some complexity on the client layer. I'd be interested in
using glance as a proof-point for this approach, its one of the topics
I intended to discuss at the summit as part of this session:

  http://summit.openstack.org/sessions/view/78

Cheers,
Eoghan