Re: [Openstack-operators] Health & Monitoring Blueprints

cc'ing Jorge Castro from Canonical (who will be at the conference...
and maybe the summit?).

Jorge, question below on how to deal with Webex on Ubuntu and limited
time/people resources.

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 9:48 PM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 04/11/2012 02:52 PM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
>> We're not yet sure to be able to offer this. Wait for an official
>> communication.
>
> Here is a brief update regarding the live streaming situation.
>
> Here is the good news:
>
> Cisco kindly offered http://openstack.webex.com. If you get there you'll
> see some meetings setup for the days of the Summit, one meeting per each
> day, per room.
>
> Zareason kindly offered 9 computers to be put in each room, connected to
> the audio equipment available there. Each of Zareason's PC will act as a
> 'robot-presenter' for Webex.
>
> The good news stop here.
>
> There is bad news: at least 6 of the zareason PCs run 64bit systems, and
> 64bit Java on Linux is not compatible with Webex (audio issues). Two of
> the remaining computers may be too slow to run Webex (I haven't tested
> them).
>
> Possible solutions:
>
> - offer live streaming only from 3 rooms (at best, only one at worst)
> (which ones?)
> - spend a few hours on Sunday wiping out the 6 machines and put 32 bit
> systems on

What about running on a LiveCD? You should be able to install Webex,
as long as the file system is mounted.

Jorge, is that correct? It's been a while since I've used LiveCD.