Re: [Openstack-operators] Health & Monitoring Blueprints

On 13/04/12 18:48 -0700, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
On 04/11/2012 02:52 PM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
We're not yet sure to be able to offer this. Wait for an official
communication.

Here is a brief update regarding the live streaming situation.

Here is the good news:

Cisco kindly offered http://openstack.webex.com. If you get there you'll
see some meetings setup for the days of the Summit, one meeting per each
day, per room.

Zareason kindly offered 9 computers to be put in each room, connected to
the audio equipment available there. Each of Zareason's PC will act as a
'robot-presenter' for Webex.

The good news stop here.

There is bad news: at least 6 of the zareason PCs run 64bit systems, and
64bit Java on Linux is not compatible with Webex (audio issues). Two of
the remaining computers may be too slow to run Webex (I haven't tested
them).

Possible solutions:

- offer live streaming only from 3 rooms (at best, only one at worst)
(which ones?)
- spend a few hours on Sunday wiping out the 6 machines and put 32 bit
systems on
   - is there a simpler hack to run 32bit Java on 64bit Ubuntu 11.10
systems?
   - these hours will have to be on top of the hours necessary to setup
the rooms, make sure that audio capture really works with the hotel's
audio system etc
- give to session leaders the honor/burden to run Webex sessions from
their own laptops (given how Webex conferencing works, it may be nearly
impossible)

Other ideas? I'm inclined to go with the simplest option, #1. Unless
many (more than 10) people reply to this message asking me to provide
full coverage of the event, I'd go with it. For the other options, I'd
ask for somebody else to take the lead: that means, helping wipe and
install the machines, install java, test them and install them. I'll be
glad to provide all support needed.

Hi

I'de really like to watch these if possible. I am in Australia so
recordings would be great too (I have to sleep at some point:).

Any ways I really appreciate any work you do in this area.

-Angus

Let me know asap, so I can plan the weekend.
stef