Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 21:00:39 -0400
Subject: Re: [Openstack] nova-network service stuck
From: nathanael.i.burton@xxxxxxxxx
To: salmanmk@xxxxxxxx
CC: openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Check in Nova's lock dir, on my system it's /var/lib/nova/tmp. Remove any files in there and restart the services.
Nate
On Apr 14, 2012 8:56 PM, "Salman Malik" <salmanmk@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

I am having problem with getting nova-service to work. The last line that is shown on the screen is: "2012-04-14 19:42:39 DEBUG nova.utils [-] Attempting to grab file lock "iptables" for method "apply"... from (pid=3649) inner /opt/stack/nova/nova/utils.py:936" and the service is stuck at this point. So when I do a nova-manage service list, network service turns out to be unhappy. I haven't found much help on how to 'unlock' iptables file.

Thoughts please ?

Salman