Re: Remote participation from Design Summit (and conference)

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Duncan McGreggor <duncan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Duncan McGreggor <duncan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 14:03 -0700, Matt Joyce wrote:
>>>
>>>        Ballroom: Intro Plenary, Breakout tables, Lightning Talks
>>>
>>>        Seacliff A+B: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>>>        Seacliff C: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>>>        Seacliff D: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>>>        Marina: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>>>        Bayview B: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
>>>
>>>        Golden Gate: Unconference room (theater setup)*
>>>        Bayview A: Developer's lounge
>>>
>>> The association between rooms+track will be published soon, once the
>>> revisions on summit.openstack.org are completed.
>>
>> The following channels have been created on Freenode and are registered.
>>
>> #osds-ballroom
>> #osds-seacliff-a-b
>> #osds-seacliff-c
>> #osds-seacliff-d
>> #osds-marina
>> #osds-bayview-a
>> #osds-bayview-b
>> #osds-golden-gate
>>
>> Each channel is also getting logged, viewable via HTTP here:
>>  http://irclogs.osds.cogitat.io/
>
> I've updated the publishbot to log channel topics, so there will now
> be a record of the session changes in the IRC logs.
>
> Next, I'll add support for SSH'ing into the logger bot to mass-update
> session channels for topic changes and broadcast messages...

Okay, I've got it set up so that I can ssh into the IRC bot, send out
broadcast message, and batch-update channel topics. It's getting much
easier to manage than the manual crap I've been doing :-)

Ideally, we've have this stuff pulling from the calendar, and there'd
be no-hands... maybe we can save that for next year ;-)