From: openstack-bounces+tim.bell=cern.ch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openstack-bounces+tim.bell=cern.ch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michel Drescher
Sent: 16 April 2012 18:00
To: Edmonds, AndrewX
Cc: openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Open Cloud Computing Interface Blueprint Implementation

Dear Andy, all,

There is little left to say for me (thanks to others) but a wholeheartedly  "Bravo!" on the effort.

As Matteo and others have stated, it is important to have a publicly defined standard being implemented in production grade software. But much more important, certainly from an EGI perspective, is the availability of *choice* of implementation for anyone who wishes to operate a Cloud platform.

For us at EGI it is of particular importance as we are working towards a production level federation of IaaS Cloud offerings, as a federation cannot prescribe which particular software implementation to operate. With the availability of OCCI in OpenStack, we now are in the place to actually see our endorsement for OCCI to happen in in reality rather on paper.

What's more, native support for OCCI particularly makes the choice for OpenStack attractive, as this means not only less operative service management effort for a fronting proxy service (I hope!), but also, lets say, less opportunity for configuration and operation mistakes. :-)

Cheers, and thanks again,
Michel

--
Stichting European Grid Initiative (EGI.eu)
http://www.egi.eu