Re: Mailing-list split

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:04:34PM +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> To avoid Launchpad list slowness, we would run the new openstack-dev
> list off lists.openstack.org. Given the potential hassle of dealing with
> spam and delivery issues on mission-critical MLs, we are looking into
> the possibility of outsourcing the maintenance of lists.openstack.org to
> a group with established expertise running mailman instances. Please let
> us know ASAP if you could offer such services. We are not married to
> mailman either -- if an alternative service offers good performance and
> better integration (like OpenID-based subscription to integrate with our
> SSO), we would definitely consider it.

FYI for libvirt mailing lists we are using the GNU project's spam
filter:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ListHelperAntiSpam

Thanks to this we get essentially zero spam on our mailing lists,
with practically no burden on / work required by our list admins.
Jim Meyering (CC'd) set it up for us originally & may have some
recommendations or tips if OpenStack want to make use of it too.

Regards,
Daniel