Re: New Mailing List for Python OpenStack Client

On 04/30/2012 01:03 PM, Python OpenStack Client wrote:
Hello Jay Pipes,

A new mailing list has been created for Python OpenStack Client (python-
openstackclient).

Please, no! We already have too many mailing lists IMHO. If we want developers and operators and people interested in client tooling to have a full view of the OpenStack ecosystem, creating yet more mailing lists inhibits the sharing of behaviour among related community members.

I made the point at the summit in one of the DevOps sessions that having a separate mailing list for operators actually *discourages* the behaviour that DevOps espouses: that developers and operators need to communicate better so that developers understand the problem areas that operators deal with on a daily basis. Having a separate mailing list for operators that many devs are not subscribed to discourages this knowledge sharing.

Same for this new client mailing list, IMHO.

I think it would be better to post to the main mailing list with "[CLI] XXX" subject headers...

Best,
-jay

Follow ups