Re: [client] creating blueprints for the unified CLI project

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Doug Hellmann (doug.hellmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > I have started creating blueprints from my notes about activities we need
> > to complete for the unified CLI. Please check the list at
> > https://blueprints.launchpad.net/python-openstackclient/
>
> Cool.  Presumably we don't need to wait until the next summit to have
> these approved?  http://wiki.openstack.org/Process and the majority of
> http://wiki.openstack.org/BlueprintsLifecycle suggests we would, but
> the latter gives the meaning of the 'Discussion' value of the
> 'Definition' field as "Blueprint will be discussed at the design
> summit or on the ML" which suggests that there is some flexibility
> about whether blueprint lifecycles have to revolve around design
> summits.

Maybe I'm doing this wrong. I wanted to make a list of the things I know we
have to do, so people who don't have access to the inside of my head can
divy up the list (that's a short list). These things are "features" not
"bugs" so I thought blueprints was the right way to go.

In any case, yes, I consider it safe to work on all of these items now.

> > and make sure I haven't missed anything that has been discussed so
> > far, and open a blueprint if I have.
>
> Is it worth having one for bash/zsh completion?  It seems that there
> is some prior art here:
>
>  https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/936423

I am counting generating the completion data for bash and other shells as a
core feature of cliff. That's not an OpenStack incubated project per se, so
I put those items in github issues under that project (
https://github.com/dreamhost/cliff). I welcome any and all contributions
there, too.

> and as you may have seen, one of my SUSE colleagues advertised some
> new bash completion code elsewhere on this list today:
>
>  https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg10991.html

I hadn't seen that yet, but I will take a look so thanks for the pointer.

Doug