heads up regarding keystone dev venv on an Ubuntu VM (VirtualBox)

Hey folks,

We're really pressed for time right now, so there are certain rabbit
holes we can't dive down, but I wanted to bring this up in case it
hasn't been seen yet.

On Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7, when running a 12.04 Ubuntu VM and setting
up the dev env for Keystone, we get some madness.
 10.6: VirtualBox instance aborts, leaving no traces of issue in
system logs (that I could see)
 10.7: VB dies, OS X kernel panics

The second time, I watched carefully, and it happened as
python-memcached was getting installed via pip in the .venv.

"So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp."

But the fourth one stayed up after I removed .venv and changed
tools/install_venv.py to enable system site-package use.