Re: [Metering] External API definition

On 05/10/2012 05:46 AM, Daniel Dyer wrote:
> Is it your assumption that there will be one metering service per "installation" or one per service (i.e swift, nova)? My assumption would be a single metering service, so the API would need to handle some additional use cases:
> -list services supported
> -list metrics for a service type
> -get metric details

Hi,

I added the "list services supported" assuming service == OpenStack component (nova, swift etc.)

http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering?action=diff&rev2=66&rev1=65

I added the "list meters for a component"

http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering?action=diff&rev2=67&rev1=66

I'm not sure what you mean by "metric details", could you expand ? It could be a description (human readable ?) of a given meter. Since we're using a fixed form storage, I'm not sure what else needs to be returned.

Cheers