Re: Opening up bug triaging rights

John Dickinson wrote:
> Doesn't this come with the downside that now everyone will see every bug? That could lead to a lot of noise that a contributor will need to filter before seeing the bugs that are important to that person.

An open (and common) openstack-bugs team just gives its members the
right to modify the bugs status/importance and propose a fix for
backport in a past series.

It does *not* generate extra bugmail, since the automatic subscription
of the -bugs team was removed (was already removed for all PROJECT-bugs
teams except swift-bugs, which I covered an hour ago).

So you would not get bug mail from the openstack-bugs subscription. No
extra bugs would appear in your "subscribed" list. In terms of
visibility, it should not change anything, it just lets you modify the
openstack bugs you could already see.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack