Re: [Nova] Blueprint and core cleanup

Vishvananda Ishaya wrote:
> *Core Cleanup*
> [...]
> If a former core member has time to start participating in reviews
> again, i think he should be able to review for a couple of weeks or two
> and send an email to the list saying, "Hey, I've got time to review
> again, can I be added back in".  If we don't here any -1 votes by other
> core members for three days we will bring them back.  In other words,
> its former members can be accelerated back into core.  Sound reasonable?

Yes.

> *Blueprint Cleanup*
>
> As I mentioned in my previous email, I've now obsoleted all blueprints
> not targetted to folsom. The blueprint system has been used for "feature
> requests", and I don't think it is working because there is no one
> grabbing unassigned blueprints. I think it has to be up to the drafter
> of the blueprint to find a person/team to actually implement the
> blueprint or it will just sit there. Therefore I've removed all of the
> "good idea" blueprints. This was kind of sad, because there were some
> really good ideas there.

We discussed for quite some time that "wishlist" bugs that don't get
worked on for some time should be closed as "Opinion/Wishlist"... and
use that search to get a nice list of "things that sound like a good
idea but nobody has had time to work on". Maybe we should create
wishlist bugs for stuff on obsoleted blueprints, so that we have a
single place to look for abandoned good ideas ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack