devstack multi-node tutorial fails

Hi,

I just want so say, that some days ago the stack.sh script hast been changed
concerning the rabbit server installation.

The current description for multi node tutorial
(http://devstack.org/guides/multinode-lab.html) will fail.

At the moment it is necessary to install the rabbit service on the compute
hosts TOO (but of course with the IP from the master node)!!

e.g.:

ENABLED_SERVICES=n-cpu,n-net,g-api,rabbit

RABBIT_HOST=$MASTERNODE
RABBIT_PASSWORD=pass

Otherwise the compute node tries to find a rabbit-mq server on localhost!

There are also some other wrong details in the multi-node toturial.

It must be:

RABBIT_PASSWORD and MYSQL_PASSWORD instead of MYSQL_PASS und RABBIT_PASS

Und the parameter MULTI_HOST=1 has to be change to MULTI_HOST=True (and
should only be available on the master node, as I understand it right).

Cheers Viktor

--

Dipl.-Phys. Viktor Mauch

Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)

 <http://www.scc.kit.edu/> http://www.scc.kit.edu/

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)

Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1

D-76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen

Phone: +49(0)721 608-28721

eMail:  <mailto:mauch@xxxxxxx> mauch@xxxxxxx

KIT - University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and National Research
Center of the Helmholtz Association