Australia actually has entire institutions setup to work in this mode - helping out multiple universities simultaneously with software development et al, and it's certainly a common case with our OpenStack cloud.

Regards,

Tom

On 05/30/2012 07:16 AM, Gabriel Hurley wrote:
Terminology:

Project == Tenant. They are equivalent in Keystone parlance.

What you're referring to as a "tenant" in that last email is the role a "domain" might play going forward in Keystone.

All the best,

     - Gabriel

-----Original Message-----
From: openstack-bounces+gabriel.hurley=nebula.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:openstack-
bounces+gabriel.hurley=nebula.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Caitlin Bestler
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:47 AM
To: Tim Bell; openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Identity API v3 - Why allow multi-tenant users?

Tim Bell wrote:

➢ In the research environment, we have frequent cases where a user is
associated with multiple tenants.

  For example, when you are finishing work on a previous project but are
mainly working on the new one.

As we move towards domain/tenant/user, we need to ensure that the
tools support multi-tenant per user. Correct accounting is critical.

This does require extra code but it is relevant given the use cases.

What you are describing strikes me as a single tenant with multiple projects.
It is similar to a corporate environment with multiple departments.

I am seeing a major problem here when the tenants are truly separate and
the only possible administrator in common is the service provider.