Re: Fwd: Question about cloudfiles API

On 5/30/2012 4:02 PM, Luis Gervaso wrote:
Hi Shawn,

I discovered in your code:

1)

properties.put("identity.endp

    oint.publicURL",
           "http:/testb.REDACTED.com:8080/v2.0
    <http://testb.REDACTED.com:8080/v2.0>");

here you are using only one slash "http:/". So it's not valid URL.

2) actually "testb.REDACTED.com:8080/v2.0 <http://testb.REDACTED.com:8080/v2.0>" is your identity endpoint?

Keystone usually listen on 5000 or 35357

I fixed the URL in my code. It's still failing, though now it is failing in a different way. I am not using keystone, I am using the plain swift proxy server. Keystone is not part of the multiserver howto:

http://swift.openstack.org/howto_installmultinode.html

Looking at the docs for keystone, I cannot see how to make it fault tolerant. The entire point of trying swift out is fault tolerance, so if there is no documentation on fault tolerance for keystone, I can't use it even if I can figure out how to run it.

How do I use the openstack java sdk with the proxy server that I've already got running? Is there a different java API that I can use instead? I've already determined that the rackspace cloudfiles API is slow for storing documents. I am working on a test for retrieving documents.

Thanks,
Shawn