Re: [Metering] Agent configuration mechanism

On Tue, Jun 05 2012, Nick Barcet wrote:

> I would have thought that we may want to support different intervals per
> meters, based on the billing rules that one may want to offer.  For
> example, I may want to bill compute by the hour but floating IPs by the
> day, hence have a different reporting interval for each.

I don't think you want to poll once a day something you bill per day. If
you poll only at noon, and I use a resource from 8:00 to 10:00, you'll
miss my usage and I'll use resource for free. :)

Yes, there's a minimum interval to be configured, but it's the interval
that defined how much grained your metering/billing will be. E.g. if
it's 1 hour, you won't charge anything used for less than one hour. You
probably wants something like 5 minutes or less, and be sure the agent
can keep up with the needed polling speed. :)

--
Julien Danjou
// eNovance                      http://enovance.com