Re: storage for virtual machines

Sebastien, you are correct.

Udit, you will need to provide a bit more information on what you are looking to do with Swift.

Thanks,
-jay

p.s. sorry for top-posting.

On 06/12/2012 08:02 AM, Sébastien Han wrote:
Hi,

If you planned to use Swift to store the virtual images disk and run
instance over Swift: it's not possible.
If you planned to use swift for nova-volume (cinder) and attaching disk:
it's also not possible.

Swift is *NOT*:

  * a filesystem
  * a block device

Perhaps, Swift can be use as a backend for Glance and of course object
storage like S3.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Udit Agarwal <fzdudit@xxxxxxxxx