instances loosing IP address while running, due to No DHCPOFFER

Hey all,

I feel really sad with saying this, now, that we have quite a few instances
in producgtion
since about 5 days at least, I now have encountered the second instance
loosing its
IP address due to "No DHCPOFFER" (as of syslog in the instance).

I checked the logs in the central nova-network and gateway node and found
dnsmasq still to reply on requests from all the other instances and it even
got the request from the instance in question and even sent an OFFER, as of
what
I can tell by now (i'm investigating / posting logs asap), but while it
seemed
that the dnsmasq sends an offer, the instances says it didn't receive one -
wtf?

Please tell me what I can do to actually *fix* this issue, since this is by
far very fatal.

One chance I'd see (as a workaround) is, to let created instanced retrieve
its IP via dhcp, but then reconfigure /etc/network/instances to continue
with
static networking setup. However, I'd just like the dhcp thingy to get
fixed.

I'm very open to any kind of helping comments, :)

So long,
Christian.

Follow ups