Re: Test tool

On 06/14/2012 05:26 AM, Neelakantam Gaddam wrote:
Hi All,

Recently I came across the tool called Tempest to perform he integration
tests on a live cluster running openstack.

Can we use this tool to test Quantum networks also?

Yes, though support is very new :)

If you run Tempest (nosetests -sv --nologcapture tempest), the network tests will be run by default if and only if there is a network endpoint set up.

Are there any tools which do the end-to end testing of openstack
components (including Quantum) like creating multiple networks,
launching VMs, adding compute nodes,  pinging VMs.. etc ?

That would be tempest :) Mostly. Tempest doesn't yet test things like bringing up bare-metal compute nodes, but perhaps in the future it will.

All the best,
-jay