Re: [Swift] Lost of an object data file is not detected

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 9:05 PM, 山縣陽 <bi.yamagata@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But if I removed the data file, no process detected it  and the data
> files was not recovered.
> Is this a bug?  or is there any way to detect a data file lost case?

Nope, there's nothing that'll detect missing data files once the
system's in a steady state.

Eventually, we'd like the auditor process that looks for corrupt files
to also rebuild indexes as it goes, so we can catch those types of
problems.  But that guy can take months to traverse a production
storage node, so it'll probably always be a bad idea to just go and
delete data files.

- Mike