Unit tests, individual vs. test suite

Lately I've been noticing that some individual unit tests fail for me, even though the overall test suite succeeds. So, for example:

$ /opt/stack/nova$ ./run_tests.sh
<snip>
OK (SKIP=5)

$ /opt/stack/nova$ ./run_tests.sh test_virt_drivers
AbstractDriverTestCase
test_add_to_aggregate ERROR 0.02 test_agent_update ERROR 0.02
    etc.

And yet, if I scroll up and look at the earlier run (where everything passed) I see it running AbstractDriverTestCase with all green.

What's happening here? Does this mean that tests are coupled in some unhealthy way such that they can only be run in a particular order?

-Andrew

Follow ups