Re: setuptools-git

On 06/29/2012 04:06 AM, Alan Pevec wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM, Monty Taylor <mordred@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> https://review.openstack.org/9109
>
> Why is setuptools_git added in pip-requires, I thought that's for
> run-time, not build-time dependencies?

Hey Alan!

We use pip-requires as part of building the virtualenvs. Once we start
using it, setuptools-git is pretty much required for running setup.py,
so many common actions in our workflow will require it.

It's a good question though - and I consider the current existence of it
in pip-requires purely a convenience hack. We don't have a strong place
in our infrastructure to indicate setup_requires entries. I'll work on
that next.

Monty