Re: floating IP dns question

Boris --

The floating IP functionality uses a plugable back-end driver which communicates between the extension and the DNS server of your choice. As far as I know, the only back end that's currently implemented is for pdns, so unless you're running pdns over ldap you may have to write your own driver to get things working.

The good news is that the driver interface is quite simple, and writing additional drivers doesn't take long. I wrote the DNS code and implemented the one existing driver, and I'd be happy to coach you in getting the code that you need put together (and potentially merged back into Nova.)

Feel free to write me off-list about your setup and about what you need, and I'll think about how to get you started.

-Andrew