Re: Incremental Backup of Instances

You could solve something like this with bacula incremental backups, I'm doing this (but not with openstack) like this: make an lvm snapshot (or qcow2 snapshot) of the instance, write a script that mounts the filesystem and let bacula back it up (incrementally). bacula can do the actual snapshotting and mounting, so you don't need to coordinate when to create a snapshot and so on. this works very well, but is hard to configure, too. to restore the machine, one creates a lv in my case and restores the whole filesystem there. This works very well for linux vms, might be harder with windows vms.

Wolfgang