openstack-common PTL candidacy

Hi,

I'd like to put my name forward as a candidate for openstack-common PTL.

I helped start the project with Jason Kölker in January and wrote the
plan we've been following:

  http://wiki.openstack.org/CommonLibrary

Since then, I've been doing reviews, triaging bugs and organizing the
blueprints for the project. At the Folsom Design Summit, I lead several
sessions on openstack-common related topics.

I also wrote the cfg API and worked to ensure its use across OpenStack.

Recently, the PPB decided that openstack-common should officially have a
PTL and I was appointed to the position in the interim.

As elected PTL, I would increase my focus on moving the project forward.
My goals for the Grizzly cycle would be:

  - Finalize the renaming of the project to Oslo
  - Rename the openstack-common repo to oslo-incubator
  - Promote the cfg and rpc APIs out of incubation
  - Agree on a versioning scheme for oslo-* releases
  - Release the first versions of the oslo-config and oslo-messaging
    packages
  - Help with merging services infrastructure, WSGI and DB APIs into
    the incubator
  - Help OpenStack projects adopt existing incubating APIs
  - Clear out some of the unused/stale APIs out of the incubator

Like all other PTLs, I would also do my best to encourage new
contributors, guide the development of new features, review patches,
triage bugs and serve as a contact point for the project.

Thanks!
Mark

Follow ups