Re: novnc for Ubuntu 12.04 and Folsom

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the great and fast response!

Well nova-volume was not working because in the instructions it never stated to "start" the service in the first place! So when it stated on page 20 to "restart" the services it failed because the service was never running in the first place. I fixed this obviously very simply by typing "sudo start nova-volume" and then the "sudo restart etc etc etc was all working fine. So it goes with documentation - steps, procedures, methodologies, and the details always count in computing.

Next --
root@yyy:/# sudo restart nova-volume
nova-volume start/running, process 20214

root@yyy:/# apt-cache search novnc
novnc - HTML5 VNC client
python-novnc - HTML5 VNC client - libraries

So the packages are there, but why did the command sudo apt-get install ...... novnc .... fail? Should I run an update or upgrade or remove and reinstall on this to insure that the packages are completely and correctly installed?

Thanks for you help!!
Regards,
Robert

P.S. How do I send a fix into the documentation group to have them add that one needs to start a service before you restart it OR is there a bug in the start/stop/restart script of nova-volume to sense that if not started it should be started?