Nominations now open for OpenStack Technical Committee (3 seats)

Hello everyone -- one last election!

We have to elect the last 3 members of the OpenStack Technical
Committee[1]. Per section 4.1(b) of the OpenStack Foundation bylaws[2],
the Technical Committee ("TC") is a technical meritocracy managing all
the technical matters relating to OpenStack. It replaces the "Project
Policy Board" from the old governance.

Anyone who would like to be a candidate for this election may now submit
their names!

Valid candidates, like voters, must be an Active Technical Contributor,
which means: (a) they have contributed at least one change to one of the
official OpenStack projects[3] (over which the TC has final authority)
in the year preceding 23:59 PST, August 29, 2012; and (b) they are an
individual member of the Foundation by 23:59 PST, September 13, 2012.
The 10 already-elected members (recently-elected PTLs and PPB members
that were elected to a one-year seat last Spring) cannot run.

To submit your name for the ballot, please send an email to the
openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list with the following
information included:

Subject: TC candidacy
Body: Ideally, a description of your platform, your technical/leadership
credentials, experience, etc. -- in short, anything that will be useful
for voters to assess your qualifications as a member of the OpenStack
Technical Committee.

Your candidacy will then be validated, on the same thread, by one of the
election officials (Stefano Maffulli, Duncan McGreggor, Thierry Carrez).

The deadline to submit your candidacy is 23:59 PST, September 19.
The election will then run from September 21 to September 27.

For more information on the election process, including how we'll break
any tie, see [4]. Let us know if there's anything more we can do to make
this process as transparent as possible!

Thanks, and happy running!

[1] http://wiki.openstack.org/Governance/Foundation/TechnicalCommittee
[2] http://wiki.openstack.org/Governance/Foundation/Bylaws
[3] http://wiki.openstack.org/Projects