Re: Packaging Horizon

On 09/14/2012 05:06 AM, Matthias Runge wrote:
Hi,

currently, I'm trying to package horizon RC1 for Fedora.

Since, Fedora does not have node.js included, and also doesn't have LESS included, it won't work per default.

Do you have suggestions for me?
Thanks

We faced the same issue in Ubuntu [1]. Ended up compiling and compressing the CSS and JS at packaging time, shipping those + the manifest.json with the package and enabling COMPRESS_OFFLINE=True by default. Users who might want to make use of lessc and node later can just install node-less and set COMPRESS_OFFLINE=False.

Adam

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1024326