Re: Packaging Horizon

On 09/15/2012 05:25 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
On Sat Sep 15 2012 03:55:09 AM CST, Gabriel Hurley <Gabriel.Hurley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Either way works, you just have to compile the file once and ship it in
the distro package.

For at least Debian, this would make the package
non-free. Everything has to be compiled from source.

If you can't compile it yourself then you could perhaps use the one from
Adam/Ubuntu, or I can do it and send you the final output file.

IMHO, it still should be usable for debian as well, sources are still shipped; the step you do is pre-compressing stylesheets, and javascript so this hasn't be done during delivering files through your web server.

But of course, I'm totally neglecting that less.js and node.js may not be available in your distro, like they are unavailable from official fedora repositories
--
Matthias Runge <mrunge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
               <mrunge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>