Re: File Injection through Horizon

Yes, it is much better in the latest 0.7.0.

Instead of the stripped down fedora version (which was the 0.6.3 one)
there is now 'true' multi-distro support in cloud-init. And its coded in a
way that other distros can be easily added (freebsd for example).

This allows more modules (a cloud-init concept) to be useful (in 0.6.3 not
many worked across distributions) and applicable for rhel6+ (we've got it
at yahoo working on rhel5.6 also) and ubuntu (the main ones we have been
testing on, fedora/centos should also work fine).

At the summit I think scott and I will do some talks about what is this
userdata/metadata thingy and how cloud-init uses it (and what cloud-init
can do with it, and how it does it - time dependent). So get ready for
that (there isn't an official session so keep checking what the
unannounced/lighting/unconference sessions are).