Best practices for instances LVM

Hi here!

Each instance will be setup at least with three or four partions:
boot, root, swap, [home]. If we consider that we're using LVM block
storage strategy for VM instances, what do you consider the best
practices to do it?

a) From host create a LV for each disk instance. Inside these each LV,
maps the instance disk as multipartion system using too LVM volumes.
b) From host create a LV for each partition instance. Map these each
LV with each instance partition.

I think (b) has faster performance, but (a) has best easy system
management. Which is considered the best practice? Which is used by
leader installations?

thx!