Re: new mailing list for bare-metal provisioning

On 10/28/2012 08:19 PM, David Kang wrote:

  I agree that subject prefix is a way.
There are pros and cons of either approach.
However, when I asked a few of the people who showed interest in bare-metal discussion,
a new mailing list was preferred by them.
And we thought a separate mailing list makes people easier to participate and to manage the discussion.

  We can discuss this issue again among the people who signed up the new mailing list.

I think the more general concern is that part of the challenges of getting the current bare-metal approach in has been that it's largely been developed on the side. I think the path for successful evolution of bare-metal in nova is to stop thinking about it as a side effort, and more a part of normal nova development, as other changes in nova will have implications for bare-metal for sure.

So driving the discussion back onto the main list would be really beneficial.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
IBM Linux Technology Center