Re: [ceilometer] meter data volume

于 2012年10月31日 21:56, Julien Danjou 写道:
On Wed, Oct 31 2012, 吴亚伟 wrote:

1) '123890000000' nanoseconds means '123.89' seconds or two minutes,it
seem like to be 1238.9 seconds actually, is there something wrong ?
Why do you think it's 1238.9 seconds?

Well, to be honest, I do really though it's an uptime...

3) If I reboot or suspend vm_1, I find that the 'counter_volume' of cpu
usage record will count from zero. Just like '8 minutes' -> '18 minutes'
-> '28 minutes' [-> '0 minutes'] ->'5 minutes' -> '15 minutes'. Does it
mean that 'counter_volume' just represents how long has vm_1 been booted
up ?
Not at all. It means the CPU time consumed is reset to 0, but that's not
an issue in itself, the API should be capable to deal with that if you
ask for the total usage.

Is the API capable to deal with that at present? If not, when?

4) This one is about Web API. I find that "GET
/v1/resources/(resource)/meters/(meter)/volume/sum" just return the sum
value of all the cpu 'counter_volume', like '8 minutes' + '18 minutes'.
Is it reduplicate ?
Don't understand what you mean, but the CPU counter is a cumulative one,
and asking for its sum is a non-sense. You want to ask for (max - min)
to get the used value, something which is not in the API yet.

Is the Web API in the document going to be updated recently?

Thanks

Yawei Wu
Dalian Hi-Think Computer Technology,Corp.