Re: Using Quantum in OpenStack setup

I am familiar with that document and reading through it.  My question is do I need to install/use it to get a OpenStack up and running or is it optional?

Regards,
Ahmed.

From: Ivan Kolodyazhny <e0ne@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:e0ne@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:35 AM
To: Ahmed Al-Mehdi <ahmed@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ahmed@xxxxxxxxxx>>
Cc: "openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Using Quantum in OpenStack setup

Hello Ahmed,

Quantum installation and configuration docs for Ubuntu abd Fedora are available here:
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-network/admin/content/ch_install.html
On Thursday, November 1, 2012, Ahmed Al-Mehdi wrote:
Hello,

I am following the steps in the document "OpenStack Install and Deploy –Ubuntu" to setup an openstack environment.  I would like to use Quantum for networking.  Is there an updated document (even in beta state) or does the same document apply?  It's just that I am not seeing a section on Quantum install/configure in this document.

Thank you,
Ahmed.

--
Regards,