Distributed configuration database

Hi Stackers,

Are there plans to keep all configuration parameters in a central
location? Rather than having a lot of configuration files. By central
location I do not mean that its a single server but it could be a
distributed database with each node irrespective of purpose having a
copy of the configurations. Each node can refer to the parameters it
requires.

This would ease understanding the myriad of configuration parameters
as elicited in the recent San Diego presentation that showed we have
now more than 500 configurable parameters in Nova
(http://www.openstack.org/summit/san-diego-2012/openstack-summit-sessions/presentation/pimp-my-cloud-nova-configuration-hints-and-tricks).

For configuration parameters which are essentially key-value pairs,
using a nosql database would suffice.
Currently its quite difficult to dig up the default values after
deployment. Or am I missing something here?

Br
Aniruddha