Can you please check that in nova.conf the value of libvirt_vif_driver is nova.virt.libvirt.vif.LibvirtHybridOVSBridgeDriver
Thanks
Gary

On 11/05/2012 11:15 AM, Heinonen, Johanna (NSN - FI/Espoo) wrote:

Hi Veera,

I forgot to mention that I have already configured the security groups for bothe ssh/icmp, but this did not help.

Regards,

Johanna

*From:*ext Veera Reddy [mailto:veeraready@xxxxxxxxx]
*Sent:* Monday, November 05, 2012 11:02 AM
*To:* Heinonen, Johanna (NSN - FI/Espoo)
*Cc:* ext Salvatore Orlando; openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* Re: [Openstack] VM connectivity

Hi Johanna,

Using Security Groups you can ping and SSh to your VM.

http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/enabling-ping-and-ssh-on-vms.html

Regards,

Veera.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Heinonen, Johanna (NSN - FI/Espoo) <johanna.heinonen@xxxxxxx <mailto:johanna.heinonen@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi Salvatore,

I am using Quantum with OVS-plugin. My quantum files are attached.

I have done my configuration by following the instructions by E. Macchi (includes a tenant internal network and a provider network) and Quantum admin quide (folsom). I have a single node installation with one interface eth0 and ubuntu 12.04. The OVS is configured like this:

ovs-vsctl add-br br-int

ovs-vsctl add-br br-ex

ovs-vsctl br-set-external-id br-ex bridge-id br-ex

ovs-vsctl add-port br-ex eth0

I am able to start VMs in both the tenant network and provider network, they are getting IPs and they become active. The only problem is that I am not able to connect to them anyhow (no ssh, no ping...)

ovs-vsctl looks like this:

root@localadmin:~# ovs-vsctl show

86f47d37-93b0-4037-a988-1667f85d7c10

Bridge br-tun

        Port br-tun

Interface br-tun

                type: internal

        Port patch-int

            Interface patch-int

                type: patch

Bridge br-ex

        Port br-ex

            Interface br-ex

                type: internal

        Port "eth0"

            Interface "eth0"

        Port "qg-89636625-f4"

            Interface "qg-89636625-f4"

                type: internal

    Bridge br-int

        Port patch-tun

            Interface patch-tun

                type: patch

Port "vnet1"

            tag: 6

            Interface "vnet1"

        Port "vnet2"

            tag: 1

            Interface "vnet2"

        Port "tap2fd9694b-51"

            tag: 1

            Interface "tap2fd9694b-51"

                type: internal

        Port "vnet0"

            tag: 1

            Interface "vnet0"

        Port br-int

            Interface br-int

                type: internal

    ovs_version: "1.4.0+build0"

Maybe there is something wrong in my configuration? What are the best troubleshooting tools in this case?

Best regards,

Johanna