OpenStack Program For Women Accepting Candidates

Hello folks,

We are constantly moving and growing and very excited to invite newcomers to our community. To this end, the OpenStack Foundation has joined the GNOME Outreach Program for Women.

The Women in OpenStack group has already found some mentors for the program and ideas for projects are flowing in. Each internship will pay $5,000. We have funding from Rackspace and Red Hat for two participants, and the Foundation is also sponsoring one intern.

Interns are expected to spend 40 hours a week on the project and applicants may not have ever worked on FLOSS before. Some ideas that interns may work on during the internship:

http://wiki.openstack.org/OutreachProgramForWomen/Ideas

If you know women that may be interested in joining OpenStack please tell them to read our blog post with more details

http://www.openstack.org/blog/2012/11/openstack-outreach-program-for-women-accepting-candidates/

The deadline is approaching (Dec 3) and we still have place for candidates.

Thanks,
stef

PS please forward this message wherever you feel fit

Follow ups