Vietnam OpenStack first meetup on 29/11/2012 - Meetup report

Dear all****

** **

I would like to inform you all that our first OpenStack meetup in Vietnam
has successfully concluded yesterday. It was really an impressive
discussion with VFOSSA members, people from ICT enterprises and technology
students (photos attached herewith). The meetup was planned for 2 hours but
has actually extended to 3 hours. Everyone was having fun and showing their
interests to the idea of building a Vietnam OpenStack Community. To us,
this is really a good start. As the result of this meetup, a team of 20
members has been developed. Now, we are looking forward to organizing the
team structure, setting the targets and getting things moving. Our second
OpenStack meetup is tentatively to be held in Da Nang next month. Thank you
for all of your supportive emails regarding this event. We will continue to
inform you on our upcoming activities :-).****

** **

To whom it may concern****

** **

Below (or file attached) is our report for the OpenStack meetup. Could
anyone in charge please post this to the OpenStack website? Thank you so
much for your help.****

Good day, everyone!

This is greeting from Vietnam OpenStack Community.

We had a great meetup last night! This is all that we can say :-).

Hosted by Hanoi University of  Industry (HAUI), the Library Hall, where the
meetup held, was full of people from different organizations, ICT companies
and universities.  We especially welcomed Mr. Nguyen Hong Quang, Chairmain
of Vietnam Free and Open Source Software Association (VFOSSA), other
members of VFOSSA, people from ICT companies such as NetNam, iWay, EcoIT,
DTT… and HAUI students. To our surprise, there are almost 100 people has
attended this event.

The meetup was a bit formal in the beginning when VFOSSA and OpenStack
introduced. The students seemed a bit nervous (although we could still see
the exciting expression on their face) as OpenStack is completely a new
term to them. But the Library Hall was heating up slowly when the
discussion started, beers and breads are brought up to the table. Not only
because it was time for dinner and everyone was hungry :-), but also
because throughout the OpenStack presentations, they had gradually realized
that this is the “now or never” time for Vietnamese ICT community to get on
board the “OpenStack ship” so that we are not left behind this global
endeavour.

We would like to express our sincere thanks to Hanoi University of Industry
for great hospitalities provided.

*And special thanks to our speakers: *

- Mr. Nguyen Hong Quang, Chairmain of Vietnam Free and Open Source Software
Association (VFOSSA) for his introduction on VFOSSA and how VFOSSA will
support OpenStack's activities.

- Mr. Nguyen The Trung, Managing Director of DTT for his presentation on
OpenStack, its opportunities for Vietnam and the development of Vietnam
OpenStack Community in the long run.

- Mr. Nguyen Duc Quyen, Director of Consultant department of DTT for his
updates on the recent Melbourne meetup, which he has attended on 20th
November this year.

As the result of our first meetup, more than 20 people have volunteered to
join the Start-up team. We are now looking forward to re-structuring this
team and getting things moving for OpenStack. One of our main objective is
to start translating OpenStack manuals. For this, we really need help from
OpenStack community. Any ideas, suggestions are welcomed and appreciated
for an OpenStack starter like us.

Our next likely meetup to be held in Danang city next month. We will inform
you all on our upcoming activities.

*Vietnam OpenStack Community coordinator – Hang Tran*

--
Kind regards
Tran Thi Hang

*DTT Technology Group*
Add: Unit 305, Level 3, Ha Thanh Plaza, 102 Thai Thinh Street, Dong Da
District, Ha Noi
Tel: +(84) 902127811
Mail: Hang.Tran@xxxxxx
Web: www.dtt.vn