[openstack] config_drive <Image UUID> doesn't create disk.config

I saw the comments in the https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1029647 ,
can anyone give me more detail introduction of this decision about why the
functionality for using an image id for config drive was removed?

Just for example for our requirement: We want create a CDROM and write some
information in it such as the sysprep info for windows when run vm.
First we need extend the config drive to support both cdrom and file disk
device, second we create an iso image in glance which is used to save the
sysprep info and share with other user in cloud, then wen can use this
config_drive_id to load the iso.
Have any suggestion or solution for this requirement?

Thanks in advance.

Best regard,
David Geng