[Quantum] eth port configuation.

Hello,

I followed the document to setup my OpenStack environment, using on
controller-node, and one compute-node - (
https://github.com/mseknibilel/OpenStack-Folsom-Install-guide/blob/e6e797f991fe79b46c6087e2098d7117ff7b828b/OpenStack_Folsom_Install_Guide_WebVersion.rst
.
(Please note this is an earlier version of the same document using two
nodes).

Following are the ethernet port settings per the doc:

controller-node
--------------------
eth0 - Mgmt network  (assigned by DHCP).
eth1 (connected to br-eth1) - VM conf. nework
eth2 (connected to br-ex) - VM internet access

root@novato:/etc/quantum# cat /etc/network/interfaces
# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
#Not internet connected(used for VM configuration)
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
address 100.10.10.232
netmask 255.255.255.0
#Will generously be bridged to the br-ex later:
auto eth2
iface eth2 inet manual
up ifconfig $IFACE 0.0.0.0 up
up ip link set $IFACE promisc on
down ip link set $IFACE promisc off
down ifconfig $IFACE down

compute node
-------------------

root@bodega:~# cat /etc/network/interfaces
# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
# Not connected to internet
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
address 100.10.10.233
netmask 255.255.255.0

I have a few questions:
- On controller-node, is the configuration of eth1 and eth2 switched? I
don't understandy why eth1 (for VM access) on both node needs an IP
address, and eth2 (for internet access) does not?

- Does OVS needs some sort of a (dummy) IP address assigned to a bridge
interface (eth1 on controller-node and compute-node).

- I can't figure out for the life of me where the 100.10.10.* address for
"VM Conf" network came from?  Is this a OVS thing?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Ahmed.