Re: How to deploy openstack automatically in your env.

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 06:21:54PM +0800, Lei Zhang wrote:
:It is a wired thing that the openstack is a python project. But many tools
:for it are build on ruby?

Puppet (http://puppetlabs.com/) and Chef
(http://www.opscode.com/chef), the main players in configuration
management are both written in Ruby and manage more than just
OpenStack so the code just isn't related

I can't be much help on your origina RHEL question as I run a Debian /
Ubuntu shop.  But while it is true that deployment tools are better
tested on Ubuntu, certainly any puppe tor chef based solutions
*should* work on RHEL if they don't it would be worth reporting their
failures to the developers of those tools.

There is a Fedora OpenStack wiki at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OpenStack which is linked from
http://www.openstack.org/software/start/ which has other RedHat family
specific links at the bottom of the page

-Jon

:
: