Re: How to deploy openstack automatically in your env.

Hi Lei,

On 12/03/2012 09:15 AM, Lei Zhang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I search the internet for days and found several automatically tool.
> Including
>
>   * devstack
>   * puppet+pupet-openstack
>   * stackops
>   * OneStack
>
> But It seems that all the scripts are well tested on ubuntu not RHEL.
> How could you guys to deploy the openstack automatically, especially on
> RHEL.

   a lot of work has gone into the puppetlabs puppet modules so that
they work on RHEL,

you can download the modules from their github account
https://github.com/puppetlabs/

alternatively, I have been working on a tool to deploy openstack on RHEL
and Fedora, its still at early stages and probably a bit rough around
the edges but if your interested you can try it out
https://github.com/fedora-openstack/packstack

currently you can use packstack to install folsom keystone, glance,
nova, cinder, horizon and swift on Multiple RHEL or Fedora servers. If
you want to try it out it would be great to get any feedback you have.

packstack uses the puppetlabs modules to apply puppet manifests to
individual servers without the requirement of having a puppet master server.

thanks,
Derek.