Re: Understanding "flavors" of VM

Hi Marco,

Thank you very much for the info, much much clearer.  I was looking for the
boot disk using "ls -l /dev/sd*", but the existence of /dev/vda1 should
have given me a clue.

A few follow up questions:

- I am assuming the space for the VM boot disk is allocated from the local
hard disk of the physical host on which the VM is instantiated, right?
- If Yes
   - How is the boot disk represented on the physical host.  Is it a file
on the local filesystem that represent the VM boot disk?
   - I am guessing there is some logic in nova-scheduler that checs
first if there is enough disk apace on the physical host for the VM (along
with RAM, VCPUs) before launching the VM on the host?
   - Is there any way to find out from Horizon how much disk space is
available on a (or each) physical host for VM boot disk allocation?

Thank you,
Ahmed.