Cloud-Init for Windows

We just release a new project for initializing Windows cloud instances on OpenStack:

http://www.cloudbase.it/cloud-init-for-windows-instances/

Some quick facts about it:

	• Supports HTTP and ConfigDriveV2 metadata sources
	• Provides out the box: user creation, password injection, static networking configuration, hostname, SSH public keys and userdata scripts (Powershell, Cmd or Bash)
	• It’s highly modular and can be easily extended to provide support for more features and metadata sources.
	• Works on any hypervisor (Hyper-V, KVM, Xen, etc)
	• Works on Windows Server 2003 / 2003 R2 / 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2012 and Windows 7 and 8.
	• It’s platform independent, meaning that we plan to add other OSs, e.g.: FreeBSD
	• Written in Python
	• Open source, Apache 2 licensed: https://github.com/alexpilotti/cloudbase-init

It's currently in beta status, we are looking for help to test it on various hypervisor / guest combinations. I'd be glad to answer any question (and fix any bug)! :-)
We did most of our testing so far on Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2012 using ConfigDriveV2 metadata on Grizzly, but we plan to add more platforms to the tests soon.

IRC: alexpilotti

Thanks!

Alessandro Pilotti
Cloudbase Solutions | CEO