Re: Will Heat Work Without systemd (i.e. will it work with init)?

I am attempting to install/configure Heat on RHEL 6.3.  This server already has other OpenStack (Essex release) products installed: nova, glance, keystone, etc.  I built the RPMs for Heat (v7) and Heat JEOS (v7) by commenting out the requirements on systemd-units and the systemd unit files in the heat.spec because RHEL 6.3 uses init instead of systemd.  I am thinking I can replace these systemd unit files with init.d scripts to startup Heat.  I installed the RPMs and am at the step in the process where I am creating a JEOS with heat_jeos:

heat-jeos -y create F17-x86_64-cfntools -register-with-glance

It takes almost 10 minutes and I see activity in the /var/lib/oz/isos and /var/lib/oz/isocontent directory, but eventually, I see the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/heat-jeos", line 375, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/heat-jeos", line 363, in main
    result = cmd(opts, args)
  File "/usr/bin/heat-jeos", line 139, in command_create
    build_jeos(get_oz_guest(final_tdl))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/heat_jeos/utils.py", line 132, in build_jeos
    guest.customize(libvirt_xml)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/oz/RedHat.py", line 1166, in customize
    return self._internal_customize(libvirt_xml, "no")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/oz/RedHat.py", line 1150, in _internal_customize
    self.do_customize(guestaddr)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/oz/RedHat.py", line 1104, in do_customize
    self.guest_execute_command(guestaddr, content)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/oz/RedHat.py", line 474, in guest_execute_command
    command, timeout, tunnels)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/oz/ozutil.py", line 362, in ssh_execute_command
    return subprocess_check_output(cmd)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/oz/ozutil.py", line 329, in subprocess_check_output
    raise SubprocessException("'%s' failed(%d): %s" % (cmd, retcode, stderr), retcode)
oz.ozutil.SubprocessException: 'ssh -i /etc/oz/id_rsa-icicle-gen -F /dev/null -o ServerAliveInterval=30 -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o ConnectTimeout=10 -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o PasswordAuthentication=no root@W.X.Y.Z yum -y update fedora-release
yum -y install yum-plugin-fastestmirror cloud-init python-psutil python-boto
yum -y update
sed --in-place -e s/Type=oneshot/"Type=oneshot\nTimeoutSec=0"/ /lib/systemd/system/cloud-final.service' failed(2): Warning: Permanently added 'W.X.Y.Z' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
Error: Cannot retrieve metalink for repository: fedora. Please verify its path and try again
Error: Cannot retrieve metalink for repository: fedora. Please verify its path and try again
Error: Cannot retrieve metalink for repository: fedora. Please verify its path and try again
sed: can't read /lib/systemd/system/cloud-final.service: No such file or directory

Thanks,
Ron