Re: Essex volume attach issue on Debian Wheezy

On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 11:46:46AM -0800, Vishvananda Ishaya wrote:

> and /etc/nova/rootwrap.d/volume.filters contains the line:
>
> >> iscsiadm_usr: CommandFilter, /usr/bin/iscsiadm, root
>
> ?
>
> Vish

You were right. This filter was not defined on compute nodes, but
Debian is still using essex, so /etc/nova/rootwrap.d is not present [1],
rootwrap filters are defined at /usr/share/pyshared/nova/rootwrap/

iscsiadm filter is defined in volume.py:

    filters.CommandFilter("/usr/bin/iscsiadm", "root"),

but that file is included in nova-volume package:

dpkg -S /usr/share/pyshared/nova/rootwrap/volume.py
nova-volume: /usr/share/pyshared/nova/rootwrap/volume.py

This is a problem (a bug?) because nova-volume is not installed on
computer nodes. Putting this filter in compute.py on compute nodes
resolves this issue and rootwrap works properly.

I'm facing a new issue :-), but it will be reported at another thread

Can someone confirm that this is a possible bug? or perhaps I'm doing
something wrong

Alberto

[1] http://wiki.openstack.org/Packager/Rootwrap